Dates: 25th of September — 3rd of October 2016 (including 2 Travel Days)
Project Development for Social Transformationis a training course bringing together 26 youth workers and members of partner organisations already active in the field of non-formal education and, preferably, involved in an NGO, social initiative or youth movement.
The training Project Development for Social Transformation focuses on the special relevance for youth organizations to arise as a relevant actor developing initiatives and projects that address the needs of youngsters and reaching the highest quality standards. Lacking competences when planning projects addressing the complex realities youngsters are facing can lead to frustrating consequences, such as misplaced actions, ineffective strategies, lack of funding and impossibility to capitalize results, among others.
The project aims to contribute to the development of competences of youth workers on project development and management for social change. For that, the project objectives focus on two main elements: First, to gain an overall understanding of social change processes and, second, to increase the capacities of youth workers to designing project proposals that effectively foster these processes.
• To understand the basic theories of social change and explore the tools to develop them,
• To share youth challenges and good practices connected with youth work and social change,
• To share and use tools for project development at practical level,
• To develop project proposals and establish tailored follow-up activities at local and international level that contribute to social change,
• To create a portfolio with activities and good practices used by the organizations,
• To create a web-based platform in which the theories of change of the organizations will be shared by using creative methods
A variety of educational tools and methods of non-formal learning and interactive participant-orientated approaches such as role plays, simulations, workshops, exercises, theater tools, debate sessions and presentations will be combined.