Training Course "Youth Lead Peacebuilding Initiatives"
APD in cooperation with the BRATNIAK – the Students and Graduates’ Foundation of the Jagiellonian University (Poland) hosted Training Course “Youth Lead Peacebuilding Initiatives” in Misaktsieli, Georgia, from 30th March to 7th of April 2016, and will include 24 participants from 12 countries from EU and EECA region (Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Poland, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Spain, Ukraine).
The “Youth Lead Peacebuilding Initiatives” Training Course aims to establish a space for dialogue among youth workers interested in gaining a comprehensive understanding of the dynamics of contemporary conflicts, while at the same time developing their capacities to influence their realities at local and national level by implementing effective peacebuilding activities within their communities or in cooperation with other international peers.
More precisely, the objectives of the Training Course are:
- To study approaches to conflict, conflict transformation and peacebuilding;
- To gain skills to critically approach conflicts and analyse them;
- To improve participant’s capacities to plan effective peacebuilding activities with transformative approaches;
- To share methods for youth empowerment in conflict settings and highlight it’s importance;
- To work on future plans for European cooperation on youth project in processes of conflict transformation.